Courses Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants on an Eclipse course.
Attendance and courses
· We are not an insurance company or broker. Insurance after a course is completed is the responsibility of the student. Assistance or advice given is purely. Eclipse do not accept any responsibility for insurance issues after the course is completed.
· A place on any Eclipse course is subject to review of the application, and is not transferable to another individual.
· A participant on an Eclipse course undertakes to attend the full course, no refunds will be given at any stage throughout the course.
· If a participant, having started the course, then withdraws from the course for any reason, it is not guaranteed that the participant will be allowed to resume attendance. All course fees remain payable.
· If a participant misses any part of the course due to absenteeism, this may affect whether the participant can finish the current course. They may have to re-join the next course or pay additional fees.
· Eclipse retains the right to change the advertised agenda for any course or event without notice to the participants.
· Eclipse will make every effort to give participants reasonable notice in advance if the venue for an event is changed or cancelled.
· In the event of a course tutor falling ill, or becoming unavailable to teach, Eclipse will endeavour to find a replacement tutor. If this is not possible, Eclipse has the right to cancel or postpone a course at short notice.
Conduct during the course
· It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that while attending the course and while on any third party premises he or she does not behave in an improper or disorderly manner or in a way which risks or cause damage to property, or in a way which is in breach of the terms and conditions of those premises.
· In the event of such improper behaviour, Eclipse will have the right to require the participant to withdraw from the course. In such circumstances, Eclipse will be entitled to retain the course fee.
· The participant will also be liable to indemnify Eclipse for any expenses or other liability it incurs or suffers as a result of any such improper behaviour.
· All participants are expected to abide by the Eclipse code of conduct and salon rules
– You can pay in full now. Or pay a deposit now and pay the rent at any time before the start date of the course. Or you can bring the remainder amount in cash on the day of your course.
· Attendance on an Eclipse course is conditional on receipt in full of the course fee prior to the start of the course. (Unless paying in installments to which a written agreement, including payment plan must be signed, installments agreed upon and written into the agreement.)
· The person who has signed the application form agrees to these terms and conditions, and has the authority to do so. In the event he/she is not so authorised, he/she will still be personally liable for payment of the agreed fee.
· All monthly installments must be paid on 1st of each month. Late payments will result in an automatic un-enrollment. Should you wish to continue on this course, you will incur a £30 re-enrolment fee
· To secure a course placement the participant must pay a deposit of £50 for a short course or an initial 1st instalment of 20% for a full time course. All deposits and initial instalments are NON-refundable under any circumstances.
· Any retake fees will be payable as an extra cost by the learner
Cancellation and refunds
Notice of cancellation must be received in writing, by post or email, and is subject to the following terms:
Refunds are not given where Covid or any restrictions put in place by the government are related. If a lockdown is put in place courses will be moved until after the lockdown has finished. No refunds will be issued in any circumstance when a lockdown is in place at the current time and must be requested once the lockdown has finished.
· where notice of cancellation is received more than 14 days prior to the first day of the course, the payee will be eligible to reimbursement of the course fee, or deposit minus the administration fee of £50.
· where notice of cancellation is received less than 14 days prior to the first day of the course, the payee will not be eligible to reimbursement of any course fee, or deposit/instalments paid there of.
· No refund of fees will be made for absence due to illness or for withdrawal during the course for any reason, or at any point during the course. The instalments will remain payable if any absence or withdrawal.
Any approved refunds may take 10 working days to be processed.
· It is at Eclipse’s discretion to agree with the participant the hours/days required to complete the course (e.g. attending the balance of events, or re-starting the course in its entirety) in order to be able to pass the course.
· Participants wishing to defer their place and re-register under this policy may be required to complete a short re-registration form outlining the circumstances and context of their request.
· Eclipse cannot guarantee that an application to defer and re-register will be successful. This will be subject to places available on the next course
Eclipse is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you have queries relating to the use of your data, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If accepted as a participant on an Eclipse course, you are agreeing that Eclipse may use your data for the following purposes:
· we will use your contact details to send you information relating to the course and to request feedback
· we may publish your name, age and course attended as part of our promotional materials.
· we may also use your contact details to send you information about other courses and activities we offer. To opt out, please tick here:
· we may publish your contact details to the members of your participant group as part of the information distributed prior to the course. To opt out, please tick here:
Except in connection with the activities described above or where required to do so by law, we will not disclose your data to third parties without your permission.
Eclipse takes all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your data.
Website Terms & Conditions
1.1 These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
1.2 By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
1.3 If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services] we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
1.4 You must be at least 16 years of age to use our website; and by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 16 years of age.
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
3. Copyright notice
3.1 Copyright (c) Eclipse School Of Beauty.
3.2 Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
(a) we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
(b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
4. Licence to use website
4.1 You may:
(a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
(b) print pages from our website;
(c) use our website services by means of a web browser
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
4.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
4.3 Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
4.4 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
(a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
(c) show any material from our website in public;
(d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) redistribute material from our website.
4.6 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
5. Acceptable use
5.1 You must not:
(a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
(f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
(g) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
5.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
5.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
6. Limitations and exclusions of liability
6.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
6.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 6 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
(a) are subject to Section 6.1; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
6.3 To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
6.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
6.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
6.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
6.7 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
6.8 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
7. Breaches of these terms and conditions
7.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
(a) send you one or more formal warnings;
(b) temporarily suspend your access to our website;
(c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
(d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
(e) contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
(f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
(g) suspend or delete your account on our website.
7.2 Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
8.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
8.2 The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions. / We will give you written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
8.3 If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
9.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
9.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
10.1 If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
10.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
11. Third party rights
11.1 These terms and conditions are for our benefit and your benefit, and these terms and conditions are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
11.2 The exercise of the parties’ rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
12. Entire agreement
12.1 Subject to Section 12.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
13. Law and jurisdiction
13.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
13.2 Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive / non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
14 .In cooperation with Klarna
Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna: Pay in 3
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here.
General information on Klarna can be found here.
Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
15. Our details
15.1 This website is owned and operated by Eden Beauty Academy
15.2 Our principal place of business is at 202-204 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7BD.
15.3 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by post to the above address or email email@example.com