Level 5 Certificate in aesthetic practice
Duration: 3-6 months depending on assessment availability
Accreditation: Fully accredited through QUALIFI UK
Pre requisites: Available to Medics or Non medics with any of the following:
- A minimum of a Level 4 qualification in a related sector or.
- A minimum of 3 year’s work experience, which demonstrates current and relevant industry knowledge PLUS a level 3 anatomy and physiology qualification.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) and Anaphylaxis management training.
Payment: You can pay in full now. Or pay a deposit now and pay the rest at any time before the start date of the course.
This course will run over the course of 3-6 months. There will be an initial induction where you will be invited into the academy and the course explained in detail. Each practical treatment will be taught on separate days and then assessed in house at one of our premises. The theory units can be completed remotely with email support and marking.
UNITS included in the level 5 course:
· AP501 – Legal and Regulatory Requirements in Aesthetics Practice.
· AP502 – Professional Standards within Aesthetic Practice
· AP503 – Working Collaboratively with Healthcare Professionals
· AP601 – Anatomy, Physiology, and Morphology of the Ageing Face.
· AP701 – Skin Micro-Needling and Chemical Peels
Aims and objectives:
· Apply self-reflective, analytical, evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills and information critically.
· The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding, to think independently, and solve problems.
· Provide you with the knowledge, skills, and behaviour necessary to forge a career within the aesthetics sector through in-depth knowledge and understanding.
· To be able to apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems.
· Enable you to give clear and accurate accounts of subjects and arguments in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
· Enable you to develop an understanding of moral and ethical issues of aesthetics practice, appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct.
· Exercise judgment and take responsibility for decisions and actions.
· Develop your ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve your personal, social, and other transferable skills.
· Adaptability to changes in the aesthetics environment.
· To motivate you to progress your professional development (CPD) through future study.
· To be competent in Skin Needling and Chemical Peel treatments, including consultations.
· To be able to assess and deal with complications, contraindications, problem-solving, and aftercare.
The QUALIFI Level 5 Certificate in Aesthetic Practice is an advanced qualification aimed at Level 4 qualified practitioners aged 18 and over. This is the very first (non-Medics and medics) qualification offered by Ofqual, which is a major change for our industry.
Although these qualifications are NOT MANDATORY, we hope this is a glimpse of what is to come and that all practitioners will be required to have these qualifications to ensure good practice.
The qualification has been created to develop and reward aesthetic practitioners working today and in the future, to continue to bring recognition and professionalism to the health and aesthetics sector.
You will have the opportunity to learn a great deal from this course that will provide relevant new skills, knowledge and will encourage both academic and professional development so that you can move forward to realise not just your own potential but also that of organisations across the industry.
This qualification is very in-depth, you do need to understand this is a whole new level of qualifications and you will be expected to put in a lot of hard work to achieve this qualification. It is not a matter of how many days of training, this training will be delivered over months, with different learning assessments and methods, such as zoom and classroom-based learning.
CERTIFICATION & KIT: You will receive your QUALIFI UK accredited certificate once you have completed ALL assessments and assignments and the internal verification have passed your folder. At the end of your course you will given all details on how to get insured and who with. This course does not include a kit however you will be supplied with all consumables and products needed for your in house assessments. We will go through everything needed and where to purchase. This course does include full colour manuals for all units.
SUPPORT: Following your course you will have unlimited ongoing support from the Eclipse team. We have an extremely active WhatsApp and Facebook group where we have dozens of our previously trained students communicating and discussing on an hourly basis. We also have a 24 hour emergency hotline which you can call if you have a client emergency. We also offer FREE quarterly update clinics where we cover information on any new regulations, new techniques and new advancements in the industry to keep you totally up to date. Once you have finished the course, you will have total support moving forward with no concerns at all about being left alone to cope on your own.
We at Eclipse have been delivering aesthetic courses for many years and pride ourselves in providing high quality courses. Our trainers work full time as aestheticians and do this every day of their lives. They are not just trainers that only ever teach. We feel its extremely important to have experienced technicians with real world experience teaching our courses.
Please feel free to browse our facebook page http://facebook.com/eclipsecourses where you can find many 5 star reviews. Do let us know if you have any queries as we’d be happy to help and we hope to see you on a course very soon.